A Uber pagou resgate em Bitcoin a hackers que mantiveram dados confidenciais de seus clientes em custódia em 2017.
Uber is an American-based international company that has made an application with the same name for searching, calling, getting and paying for a taxi or private driver. The company was founded in 2009 by Travis Kalanick and Garett Camp and the main office of Uber is currently headquartered in San Francisco. With the help of the application, a customer can book a cab and follow its track. In terms of cryptocurrency, in Uber, Bitcoin is allowed as a payment for buying gift cards and even, in some countries, rides also can be paid in virtual currencies. However, while the administration is just considering the ability of such ways of payment, some experts think that decentralized technologies, such as blockchain for Uber and other services that work as mediators, can be dangerous since, with blockchain, drivers and other service providers can connect directly to their customers.
- Atlas Quantum cancela todos os pedidos de saques de seus clientes e detalha como deve funcionar o "Novo Quantum"
- Em conformidade com regras da CVM, Mercado Bitcoin vai tokenizar divida de consórcios
- XDEX, plataforma de Bitcoin dos sócios da XP Investimentos, lança curso gratuito sobre Bitcoin
- Urgente: BWA afirma que vai lançar nova plataforma e pagará os clientes somente no final de junho de 2020
- 'Eu tinha 5 Bitcoins na Atlas, R$ 13 mil na Unick e R$ 10 mil na Bitrading888, perdi mas tenho esperança' diz investidor