VAT (Value-Added Tax) is a tax assessed to compensate services and infrastructure that were used in production and distribution processes and were provided by the state. The VAT tax raises about a fifth of the total revenue provided by the taxing system in most countries where it is implemented. Currently, 166 countries employ a VAT. The United States replaced the VAT with a sales tax system. In the European Union (EU). the VAT is obligatory by the EU VAT directive and is implemented in every country of European Union. Most countries also use reduced rates for VAT in order to liberate certain industries and encourage their development. The uncertain position of cryptocurrency taxing has led to various tactics in taxation, and some of the countries have decided to tax Bitcoin under VAT regulations. However, this practice is currently rejected by some governments and replaced by a capital gains tax.
- Principais criptos têm ganhos e perdas e o Bitcoin luta para permanecer acima dos US $ 3.200
- Modelos de negócios devem ser "repensados" para o Blockchain, diz representante do Barclays
- Adoção em massa de pagamentos Blockchain é de 3 a 5 anos, diz CEO da BitPay
- Cryptojacking ultrapassa o ransomware como o principal malware em alguns países
- A grande cripto Exchange Coinbase adiciona saques em dinheiro ao PayPal